Hidden Job Market “Entertainment Professionals” Job Fair presents...
Click Here to Register – includes music, mingling, complimentary hor’dorves
Hidden Job Market “Entertainment Professionals” Job Fair invites you to attend its first ever “Find A Job” series this Memorial Day weekend on Friday, May 28, 2010 from 7pm-10m. This is a great opportunity to meet face to face and interview with dozens of Los Angeles “Entertainment Industry” top employers who are currently hiring. Candidates in ALL Entertainment fields (Broadcasting, Media, Music, Publishing, Recording Industry, Recording Studio, Beauty, PR, Event Planning, Nightclub Hospitality, Fashion Industry and Talent/Film Industry)
• WHAT: Entertainment Hidden Job Market Event
• WHEN: Friday, May 28th, 7:00 PM – 10:00 PM
• WHERE: 655 N. Robertson Blvd, West Hollywood
• COST: Free for Employers (must register first)
• EMPLOYER REGISTER: http://hiddenjobmarket.weebly.com/employers-register-here.html
Register now as an employer: - Its FREE
Register to attend as a Job Seeker: – includes music, mingling, complimentary hor’dorves
HIDDEN JOB MARKET TIPS
• Dress Professionally. Wear professional clothes, style your hair, and ladies should wear makeup.
• Bring Business Cards - Bring a supply of business cards and resumes to hand out. Take a portfolio or a briefcase to hold resumes and corporate literature.
• Prepare a "one minute commercial.” Think about your strong points, your goals, the company and where you want to go within the company. Be prepared to talk about these aspects with your employer.
• Be prepared to discuss your career goals. Be ready to talk about where you want to work, what you would like to do, and your relevant skills.
• Arrive early. Plan on extra time for checking in and parking.
• Mingle. While you are waiting in line, talk to others. You may hear about opportunities of which you were unaware.
• Be assertive and show initiative. Shake hands and introduce yourself to recruiters. Act interested in the company and their job opportunities.
• Be enthusiastic. Employer surveys identify one of the most important personal attributes candidates can bring to a new position as enthusiasm. This means that employers want to see you smile! So, do smile and project interest in the company.
• Remain calm. There will be many applicants approaching employers at the same time you are, but don’t be overwhelmed by the experience. Keep a positive attitude and concentrate on the benefits of the experience.
• Explore options. A wide variety of companies will normally participate. This is an excellent opportunity to browse and indulge your curiosity.
Study after study shows the best work is found not through advertisements, career fairs, or job boards, but one-to-one meet & greets. Companies hire one out of every 10,000 through a job board; 1,000 through an ad, 100 via a fair, and two (2) out of personal referrals.