DaVita Inc., a FORTUNE 500(R) company, is a leading provider of kidney care in the United States, delivering dialysis services and education to patients with chronic kidney failure and end stage renal disease. As of June 30, 2010, DaVita operated or provided administrative services at 1,582 outpatient dialysis facilities, serving approximately 122,000 patients. DaVita develops, participates in and donates to numerous programs dedicated to transforming communities and creating positive, sustainable change for children, families and our environment. The company"s leadership development initiatives and corporate social responsibility efforts have been recognized by Fortune, Modern Healthcare, Newsweek, and WorldBlu, among others.
DaVita — which is Italian for "giving life" — has more than 34,000 teammates (employees) around the nation working to provide superior patient care and exemplify the company’s Core Values:
- Service Excellence: Serving others — our reason for existing.
- Integrity: We say what we believe, and we do what we say. We are trusted because we are trustworthy.
- Team: One for All, and All for One! We work together, sharing a common purpose, a common culture and common goals.
- Continuous Improvement: We never stand still; we are never satisfied.
- Accountability: We don"t say, "It"s not my fault," or "It"s not my job." We take responsibility for meeting our commitments — our personal ones as well as those of the entire organization. We take ownership of the results.
- Fulfillment: We make a difference. We feel rewarded — personally and as a team — because what we do in our jobs is consistent with our goals and dreams.
- Fun: We enjoy what we do. We know kidney dialysis is hard work; but even hard work can be fun.
DaVita consistently differentiates itself from other kidney care companies and surpasses national averages for clinical outcomes. The company"s clinical outcomes for dialysis have improved for the past decade, and in many key areas measuring quality dialysis care, we lead the nation.
Since DaVita began in 1999, the company has developed programs to enrich the lives of our community"s members — and in creating programs for our patients and teammates, we realized that goodwill has also spread to our families, into 1,600 local communities and around the world. Community Care — the annual report outlining the DaVita vision for social responsibility — defines the company"s "declaration of interdependence" and philosophy on the role corporations should play in America. The 2009 report says, "DaVita is a community first, and a company second. We are a community that just happens to be organized in the form of a company."
DaVita"s Community Care is comprised of four essential components:
- Building a Community
- Building the Greatest Kidney Care Company the World has Ever Seen
- Being a Role Model for American Health Care
- Sending Forth Ripples of Citizen Leadership